Troy College & Career High School – Tuesday, May 16, 2017
- Many Troy College & Career students and staff members volunteered to beautify school grounds on Saturday when they spruced up landscaping, replaced mulch, and cleaned up debris on the entire property and neighboring areas during the 5th annual Spring Clean-Up.
- Skye Rivers, senior, was the recipient of the Platinum Star Award by Troy Youth Assistance for her accomplishments and enrichment of our community through acts of compassion, generosity, and personal growth.
- A fundraising event at Alex & Ani at Partridge Creek was a huge success last Friday evening as many students and staff members attended and helped raise $2,000 for scholarships when the school received 15 percent of sales profits.
- Student Government students are busy organizing and planning our school’s first-ever prom that will take place this Saturday evening.
- Environmental Science students finalized sampling and testing of the Rouge River with the assistance of two volunteers from Oakland University as part of the Michigan Rouge Education Project in partnership with U of M Dearborn.
- Renee Boogren, science teacher, was chosen among teachers from all over the U.S. to pilot a new teaching unit of study sponsored by the University of Utah’s Genetic Science Learning Center and developed through a grant by the National Science Foundation. Boogren will implement the program in biology classes during the 2017-18 school year.